WHO WE ARE
The National Grain and Feed Association, founded in 1896, is a broad-based, non-profit trade association that represents and provides services for grain, feed and related commercial businesses. Its activities focus on enhancing the growth and economic performance of U.S. agriculture.
Read the NGFA's 2020-21 Annual Report
Be the premier provider of member services and advocate for competitive open market principles to promote the growth and economic performance of North American agriculture in a global marketplace.
Advocate a global open market environment to efficiently produce and provide a safe, abundant, affordable, sustainable and wholesome supply of grain, oilseeds, feed and related products responsive to market demand. The NGFA focuses on member interests through representation, training, communication and education to members, government and the public.
NGFA MEMBER FIRMS
- Consist of more than 1,000 companies comprising about 7,500 facilities.
- Handle more than 70 percent of all U.S. grains and oilseeds utilized in domestic and export markets.
- Encompass all sectors of the industry.
- Represent a balance of small and large companies, including both privately owned and cooperative firms.
- Country elevators that provide storage, merchandising and farm supply services to farmer-customers.
- Feed mills that manufacture premixes and complete feeds for the livestock, poultry, aquaculture and pet food industries.
- Export elevators that merchandise and ship U.S. grains, oilseeds and processed commodities to foreign customers.
- Cash grain and feed merchandisers who buy and sell grains, oilseeds and grain products.
- Commodity futures brokers and commission merchants who provide hedging services to grain buyers and sellers through the use of futures markets.
- End users of grain and grain products.
- Allied industries, such as banks; railroads; barge lines; grain exchanges; biotechnology providers; engineering and design/construction firms; insurance companies; computer/software firms; and other companies that supply goods and services to the industry.
Affiliated with the NGFA are approximately 30 state and regional associations, whose members include more than 10,000 grain and feed companies nationwide.