Overview: NGFA is focused on expanding markets.
The NGFA supports a proactive U.S. trade agenda focused on expanding market access and fostering the use of science-based health and safety rules to create additional market opportunities for U.S. grains, oilseeds and value-added exports.
The NGFA issued this statement on the signing of the U.S.-China "Phase One" trade agreement with China. NGFA Chairman Eric Wilkey, president of Arizona Grain Inc., Casa Grande, Ariz., was among agricultural industry leaders attending the signing ceremony at the White House on Jan. 15. View the full Phase One agreement.
View USTR Fact Sheets, including those summarizing agricultural provisions.
Read more details about important aspects of the agreement written by NGFA Vice President of Economics and Government Relations Max Fisher:
U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA)
The U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA) would bring about several significant advancements in facilitating the trade of grains, oilseeds and their derived products in the North American marketplace. Click here for a one-page summary of NGFA's USMCA priorities.
WATCH: American Agricultural Trade Needs USMCA
NGFA commends ratification of USMCA agreement - Jan. 16, 2020
Measuring the Economic Impact of the USMCA - A document prepared by the U.S. Food & Agriculture Dialogue for Trade, April 18, 2019
- NGFA, NAEGA commend Trump administration for achieving trilateral trade agreement with Mexico, Canada, Oct. 1, 2018
- NGFA and NAEGA submit statement to Senate on U.S. ag trade, Sept. 19, 2018
- NGFA, ag groups and businesses, ask all 50 governors to help protect NAFTA, Nov. 15, 2017
- Joint Statement to USTR on performance of free trade agreements, July 31, 2017
- Joint Statement to Global Affairs Canada on modernization of NAFTA, July 31, 2017
- NGFA/NAEGA Joint Statement urging the Trump administration to preserve the considerable benefits the U.S. food and agriculture sector has gained as it begins the process of negotiating a modernization of NAFTA, June 12, 2017.
- NGFA/NAEGA Joint Statement to USTR and Department of Commerce report on trade deficits, May 10, 2017.
- Letter to President Donald Trump regarding negotiations to modernize the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), Jan. 23, 2017.
- U.S. Census Bureau data by commodity, showing Mexico is one of the top exports for U.S. agricultural exports.
Thee Asia Pacific region remains the world’s largest, rapidly growing market for food and agriculture products. NGFA will work with the Trump administration to advance U.S. interests in this vital region so that our producers do not fall behind our competitors in the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP).
Click here for a one-page summary of NGFA's priorities for a trade deal with Japan.
With the upcoming exit of the United Kingdom (UK) from the European Union, the NGFA will be advising USTR on elements to include in a potential trade agreement with the UK, including incorporating the more science- and risk-based approaches contained in USMCA and the U.S.-China Phase One agreement.
Recent articles, press releases and issue advisories on trade.