The NGFA has two types of committees:
- Operational committees consider a variety of issues that affect a specific industry segment, and are comprised of representatives from those segments (such as the Country Elevator and Feed Manufacturing and Technology Committees).
- Functional committees consider issues based upon subject matter (such as rail and barge transportation; safety, health, and environmental quality; and risk management). They are comprised of representatives from all industry segments.
The NGFA Bylaws stipulate that there be an Arbitration Appeals Committee and a Trade Rules Committee. In addition, the Bylaws empower the NGFA chairman to appoint “any committee considered necessary to the conduct of the business of the corporation.”
The NGFA chairman also is authorized to appoint subcommittees that report directly to their parent committees. For additional information, see how the committees are structured and run .
- Arbitration Appeals Panel More →
- Biofuels More →
- Crop Technology More →
- Country Elevator More →
- Feed Legislative and Regulatory Affairs More →
- Feed Manufacturing and Technology More →
- Finance and Administration More →
- Foundation Trustees More →
- Grain Grades and Weights More →
- International Trade/Agriculture Policy More →
- Legal Council More →
- Rail Arbitration Rules More →
- Rail Shipper/Receiver More →
- Risk Management More →
- Safety, Health and Environmental Quality More →
- Trade Rules More →
- Waterborne Commerce More →