USDA to host African Swine Fever Action Week
The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) on Aug. 17 announced it will host an African Swine Fever (ASF) Action Week during Sept. 13-17 to focus attention on the importance of preparedness and the agency’s ongoing, collaborative efforts to keep ASF out of the United States.
During each day of the action week, APHIS will host a webinar to share information and resource materials to address the following topics:
• Monday, Sept. 13 - ASF: Where it Exists and What’s at Stake
• Tuesday, Sept. 14 - Steps APHIS is Taking to Prevent and Prepare for ASF
• Wednesday, Sept. 15 - ASF and the Benefits of Biosecurity
• Thursday, Sept. 16 - What to Expect in an ASF Outbreak
• Friday, September 17 - ASF and the Feral Swine Factor
All webinars will be conducted from 2 – 3:30 p.m. EST and registration is required.